Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nomination -- July 2011

On July 7, 2011, I received an email from my recruiter nominating me for an English Teaching Position in Asia leaving in June 2012. I was so excited! I told everyone in my family, texted everyone in my phone, and announced it on facebook!

Then I became concerned. My recruiter sent me a second email -- including attached skills addendum -- explaining that my nominated program included teaching English in a university setting.

At this point I'd done all the research on possible programs, and I knew that university teaching required a Master's degree. Which I did not and would not possess.

So I emailed my recruiter, and we eventually made contact over the phone and she explained to me that the program was a high school teaching position with university teaching on the side, so I would not have to have a Master's to be competitive. She also said that, because I had experience tutoring ESL for adults, a degree in English, and I'd been to Asia, that I was in fact the MOST qualified person she'd nominated so far!

After hearing that, I felt great again! I just had to wait for my medical packets!

No comments:

Post a Comment