Friday, February 10, 2012

No News is Good News

The nurse reviewing my case told me yesterday that if I didn't hear anything from her today, then I was medically cleared.

I've heard nothing!!!

I still feel more cautiously optimistic than relieved; it won't be real until MyToolKit updates.

I have some ideas about why I wasn't asked to have extra blood work done for my high BMI. It was unlikely that my nurse missed it because my doctor wrote on my physical form, "BMI of 31, encouraged to lose some weight."

BUT, many people who went through this process said that in addition to the tests they had to go to nutritionists and receive healthy lifestyle counseling...perhaps my doctor's note convinced the nurse that I'd already received the necessary intervention?

Also, high blood pressure is a major issue with being overweight, and my blood pressure was actually under normal. Maybe that's somehow a positive thing?

Anyway, I don't know what it was and I'm not asking because I don't want to point it out if they just missed it. And it's always possible that next week I'll received additional paperwork for it.

Cautiously Optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment