Thursday, February 9, 2012

Addition Medical Forms and My Current Status

I was Dentally Cleared on February 1, 2012! This was the easy part.

I had a few concerns about my medical history; although it's short, I do have low blood pressure and a high BMI. From what I'd heard, the BMI could merit additional blood work, which takes FOREVER at the reduced-price clinic. I'd waited probably 6 weeks for my blood work to come back last time!

So I felt like I was just waiting for this paper work so I could finally make more appointments and go through all the waiting again, but the paperwork I received from the Medical Office was much easier than I'd expected.

I got two requests in the mail on February 3: an allergy questionaire, and one page of my medical forms asking for clarification on a doctor's note.

So I filled out the questionnaire and made an appointment with my doctor for the following week.

I went in to see her, she made a quick note on my form stating that everything was fine (she DID NOT charge me for the session, because she's an amazing person), and I scanned everything into my email and sent it off to my nurse!

That was today, this afternoon. I was still feeling (still am feeling) apprehensive about having to do additional blood work for my BMI, so I asked in my email whether or not she thought I would need to submit any more information.

At this point, I believe it's safe to assume that she'd viewed my information pretty thoroughly. She kindly responded that she'd be reviewing my documents again in the morning, and that if I didn't hear from her by noon, then I was medically cleared!

I was so thrilled to hear this! I feel like it could still go wrong before noon, but I'm hoping that she'd looked over my information, blood work, seen that I don't have high blood pressure or other obesity related illnesses, and just let it slide....? I don't know. I'll update again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment