Monday, February 13, 2012

Medical Clearance!

I received my letter today for medical clearance. I felt really excited last week when I thought it would probably be true, but now I still feel anxious. I'm finding it hard to believe that I won't have to call around and make more appointments. But I don't have to! I'm done! Now I'm waiting again, this time for a Placement Officer to contact me. If one doesn't by the end of the week, I'm going to email them. I DO NOT want my staging date to move to September or something.

I realized a few days ago that the most pure happiness I'll experience through this whole process is probably during the application. I was so freaking amazed and thrilled when I was nominated, and last week when I was pretty sure I had medical clearance, I kept reminding myself of it when I was having a hard time at work. When I get my invitation, I'm going to seriously take a couple of days off work just to run around spitting happy.

And I realize that when I actually go to staging, training, and then service, my emotions will probably be more like apprehensive excitement, anxious interest, etc., but never pure excited happiness. So, I've decided to enjoy my application process to its fullest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment