Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Placement Officer

So after I sent in my availability information last week, I received an email back saying that my Placement Officer would call me Wednesday at 2pm for the final interview. She all stated that she would be interviewing me for a position in Africa leaving in June.

My original nomination was Asia in June. For a moment I was disappointed because I'd spent the last nine months or so researching and preparing for two years in China or Mongolia. But then I realized that going to Africa meant using my French, it meant going to a place where people don't often vacation, and I got excited again after about 30 seconds.

Africa is a very different experience from Asia. Africa is completely unfamiliar to me, and I am much less likely to have electricity or running water.

Overall, I'm more nervous about it than I was with an Asia nomination, but I'm just as ready to get going! My interview is in about 3 hours and I've been researching possible sites and questions she may ask me. It seems that this interview will be much easier than the one I had in Chicago last year. I hope she gives me info about my placement or at least whether or not I'll be invited!

1 comment:

  1. Debra,

    I was also originally nominated for Asia in mid-june. Like you, I am developing an interest for Ethiopia instead! Excited to be a part of the journey beside you :).

    ReplyDelete